It's "Back To School" time. Are your clients' kids' living quarters properly insured? We find that many agencies do not know that we have several personal lines carriers that can now entertain writing student housing. This has been a major shift in underwriting philosophy over the past couple years for some of them. While not offered in all states and circumstances, we now have capacity for student housing with Tower Hill Specialty, Foremost Insurance, and Great Lakes Mutual. All of these carriers will use dwelling fire policy forms. We also have access to commercial carriers that can write these types of risks on a larger scale. The next time you are presented the opportunity to write student housing, please give us a call. We'll walk you through the options.
High value homes aren't the only ones susceptible to water damage claims, so we thought we'd share this information provided by Chubb. Feel free to share it with all of your clients.
During the warmer months, you may not think water damage could be an issue. But water leaks and other plumbing problems can happen at any time. Preventing issues from happening in the first place, is much better than dealing with a claim afterwards. With these simple, proactive steps, you can minimize the potential for water damage and keep your home protected.
- Install an automatic water shut-off device in your home that automatically shuts off the water when a leak is detected.
- Inspect your hose connections and water supply lines. Replace any that show signs of excessive wear and tear, corrosion, or bulging.
- Have your fire sprinkler system inspected and tested annually.
- Inspect and perform regular maintenance on major systems: water heater, HVAC system, generator, sump pump, roofing.
- Inspect and perform regular maintenance on appliances: dishwashers, washing machines, ice makers, refrigerators.
Are you wondering how to insure a special event without putting your customer's homeowners' policy through a workout? Let Grand General help you. We offer policies for over 100 different types of special events. These are stand-alone policies so they can be customized and specialized. Most policies are written on admitted paper.
Some examples: Weddings, Graduation parties/Open houses, Egg hunts, Concerts, Car shows, Class/Family reunions, Quinceaneras, Motorcycle runs, Dog/Cat shows, Craft fairs, Festivals, Conferences, Bee festivals, and many other classes.
Some available PRODUCT ADVANTAGES can include:
- Separate limits for general liability and liquor liability
- Automatic coverage for volunteers
- Temporary or leased workers and committee members
- Property owners can be included as an additional insured at no additional charge
Coverages Available (but not limited to):
- Optional coverage for waiver of subrogation and primary/non-contributory wording
- Set-up and take-down coverage available for all events that include general liability
- Rain date coverage available for events rescheduled due to inclement weather
- Coverage for damage to rented premises includes other perils in addition to fire
- Coverage extends for events lasting past midnight for no additional premium
- General liability deductible is $0
- Liquor liability deductible is $0
For more information, please look on our website under the commercial tab for "Special Events"
We love hearing you say, "That was easy" when doing business with Grand General so we continually work at ways to make business just a little easier.
On our website you find easy ways to submit items for quoting. Whether you choose to download and print forms, download and email forms, do some online quoting, or try one of the carriers we offer that has virtually instant quoting. Our hope is that you find this a streamlined and relatively easy process.
When you call our office, the phone is always answered by a licensed underwriter. Always. There's no waiting for your turn to reach an underwriter, no go-between, the person answering is ready to help.
Help us help you!