Grand General Agency

1240 Chicago Dr
Jenison, MI 49428
Phone (800)869-2022
Fax (888)767-0826
Text Line: 616-606-FAST(3278)

Why Sell BOPs (Business Owner Policy)

A business owner policy can cover your customer's business from losses by writing all the necessary coverages on one policy.  It's kind of like a homeowner's policy for a business.  Just as every homeowner should have a homeowner's policy, every business owner should have the coverage provided by a BOP.

Traditional BOPs cover:

  1. Buildings and contents owned by the company, there are two different forms, standard and special, which provides more comprehensive coverage.
  2. Business interruption insurance, which covers the loss of income resulting from a fire or other catastrophe that disrupts the operation of business.  It can also include the extra expense of operating out of a temporary location.
  3. Liability protection, which covers the company's legal responsibility for the harm it may cause to others.  This harm is a result of things that owners or employees do or fail to do in a business operation that may cause bodily injury or property damage due to defective products, faulty installations and errors in service provided.

In addition, we have a market that can also include Professional Liability (also known as E&O) to many classes of BOP coverage.  Businesses such as barber shops, dental labs, consultants, florists, accountants, travel agencies and many more are eligible for this type of coverage.

If you have any questions regarding Business Owner Policies, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-869-2022 or visit our Business Owners page.